Essay > Words: 1704 > Rating: Excellent > Buy full access at $1
St. Regis New York analysis
- Mission statement
St. Regis New York Hotel has always had the mission to deliver world-classservices to all it guests. The hotel has had a global picture and with its customer tailored services, it offers world-class hotel services and accommodations.
- Hotel category/segmenting
The segmentation or category of a hotel is influenced by various factors. Among the factors include the location of the hotel, the amenities that the hotel has, mean rate per room, renovations, changing economic conditions, the surroundings, fluctuations of visits have bearings on hotel rating and segmentation. St. Regis New York is a Forbes Five-star and AAA Five-Diamond hotel situated in the middle of Manhattan. The hotel is recommended for its;
- Room comfort
- Staff responsibility
- Quality of Sleep
- SPG Recognition
- Good food and Beverages
- Facilities Met by Expectations among others.
Comparing with other hotels for instance Chatwal ($489/night) and Grammercy Park hotels($399/night), St. Regis New York ($895/night) charges more due to its ratings. With the same number of SPG points (30,000 – 35,000/night), one would rather prefer The St. Regis New York.
The hotel is known for its;
- The glamorous St. Regis New York Hotel is completely decorated with gold, vintage ornaments and chandeliers.
- The hotel has excellent customer service and care and all the things one would desire from any other category 7 hotel.
- The hotel offers personal butler. One is given a tour around the hotel on arrival. The laundry and ironing are done, shoe shining, packing and unpacking all done by their staff.
- The sophisticated Specialty Suite has high ceiling making the place gorgeous.
- The suite has two full marble bathrooms with heated floors, rain showers, and bidet. The luxurious bath amenities are all attractive.
- The Hotel is loved for its spacious rooms, rest rooms, smoke free halls and fully decorated chandeliers.
- The rooms are decorated in the most top technology and designers. Fr instance, room has a central remote that regulates the rooms temperature, lightening, privacy options and electronic shades and drapes.
- Quest mix
The five-star hotel is frequented by various visitors and guest from across the globe. The fact that the Hotel is owned by Starwood company having global operation, gives the hotel global picture. Additionally, the Hotel’s location and rating plus the variety of rooms make it possible to host people from local and even international guests. The hotel has even presidential suite making it possible to host prominent people.
However, the comparing with other hotel, St. Regis has the highest prices, due to its rating the quality of services offered. In St. Regis New York Hotel, a room costs approximately 895usd per night and this is only affordable to middle and higher class citizens of American and other countries.
The five-star hotel is located in East 55th Street, New York, NY, 10022. St. Regis Hole is one of the signature properties comprising Starwood’s elite residence club.
The hotel started in 1904 and it was opened by Colonel John Jacob Astrol. The hotel was built in Firth Avenue and 55th Street in New York. The founder, Astor later died in RMS Titanic in 1912, eight years later. The hotel was inherited by founder’s son Vincent who later sold it to Benjamin Newton Duke.
In 1927, Duke expanded it by adding a new wing to the east along 55th Street. The wing almost doubled its original size by adding 550 rooms, rooftop ballroom and expanded height to 20 stories. Later in 1935, Vincent, original founder’s son repurchased the hotel from Duke and started remodeling it and reinstating its status as the Town’s (New York) most elegant hotel.
Vincent Astor passed away in 1959 and a year later, the hotel was purchased by Mexican hotel guru Cesar Balsa. The hotel underwent other purchases and later in 1966, Sheraton Hotels finally bought it. The hotel underwent complete remodeling in 1977 and closed in in 1988 for full restoration. The St. Regis New York hotel was later reopened in 1991. Later in 1988, the hotel was purchased by Starwood Hotel (current owners), which used it to open other brand hotels.
- Branding information
Joining classic sophisticated building with modern technology. St. Regis is fully committed to delivering exceptional experiences at more than 30 extravagant hotels and resorts in the best places around the world.
Since the opening of the hotel more than 100 year ago, the Hotel has continually committed to uncompromised quality of services to all its guests. The hotel has aimed at international clients and currently it has plans to open new branches in other countries for instance in Changsha, Mumbai among other places. It is a world-class hotel with focus of international guests.
St. Regis New York Hotel i.............
Type: Essay || Words: 1704 Rating || ExcellentSubscribe at $1 to view the full document.
Buy access at $1