Essay > Words: 2446 > Rating: Excellent > Buy full access at $1
Q1. How would you analyze strategic plan to determine human resources strategic direction, objective and targets?
I would consider the factors that could affect the business such as economic, political, social and technical factors. I would also facilitate the capabilities of the employees charged with achieving the strategic targets and objectives, and rewarding them accordingly for good performance.
Q2. Why is it important to undertake additional environmental analysis to identify emerging practices and trends, which may affect human resources management in the organization?
This is important because there are constant changes occurring in the organization in case there is new equipment, products, procedures that could be hazardous. These may affect the environment and the employees working with or operating the new assets.
Q3. How would you identify future labor needs and skill requirement in your work place? What are the options for sourcing labor supply?
I would assess the productivity and efficiency of the workforce and check if it is sufficient for the current workload. If the employees are working for longer hours and there is less productivity, it would be an indication that there is a shortage of labor. The options for sourcing labor include recruitment, consulting and sourcing client services such as the Employees Services Team.
Q4. What will be the impact of new technology on job roles and job design?
Introduction of new technology in an organization could make work more satisfying and complex for the employees and their skills redefined. As much as this is a desirable thing for many workers, technology could also have undesirable effects on the workforce. The job design changes such that manual and wage jobs are alienated and the problem of technological unemployment emerges. The nature of work is transformed and most of the tasks become automated thus eliminating the need for manual labor.
Q5. How would you review recent and potential changes to industrial / legal requirements in your organization and why is it important?
I would look if there have been changes in the organization and update the risk assessment to be in line with the requirements. This is important because one can easily forget to update the risk assessment until a hazard occurs. Regular updates minimize the likelihood of accidents, and help minimize their impact.
Q6. Who would you consult for human resources preferences and why?
I would consult a human resources consultant for human resource preferences. This is because he or she is well acquainted with human resource philosophies, values and policies acquired through education or experience in the field.
Q7. What are the human resources philosophies, values and policies, do you agree with them?
The philosophies of human resources include facilitating effective communication in the company, promoting overall personal development and growth and enhancing talent and skills through professional training and induction. The values should include promoting mutual respect for all employees by offering equal treatment and safe working environment. The policies include promoting cultural diversity, offering competitive salary and remuneration packages, and cultivating an environment that promotes innovation and service delivery. I agree with the above philosophies, values and policies because they enhance healthy working relationships for the overall growth of the organization at large.
Q8. What are strategic objectives and targets for human resources in your organization?
- Offering competitive salary packages and retirement benefits to employees- this will help in attracting top talent and retaining them in the organization.
- Enhancing and supporting employee talent-the company should organize career and professional development programs that improve the productivity of the employees.
- Promote and enable the maintenance of a work-life balance among the employees-companies should provide flexible work schedules that allow personal time for the overall wellness and productivity of the employees
- Promote effective communication channels, service delivery charters, and relevant programs that are valuable to all employees whether prospective, current or retired.
- Foster a conducive and safe working environment that embraces cultural diversity-this will enable the employees to work effectively and learn from other employees from different cultural and geographical backgrounds
- Implement effective, efficient and competitive recruitment strategies and processes-this will aid in attracting talented employees and retaining top professionals.
Q9. What are the options for the provision of human resources services in your organization and how will you analyze their costs and benefits?
The options for sourcing HR services include recruiting, seeking client services and HR consulting. An analysis of their costs and benefits can be conducted by researching on the options and determining the best option that will be cost effective and yield great benefits for the organization.
Q10. Which technology you would use to support agreed human resources programmes and practices and why ?
Cloud technology is very safe and reliable to support HR data, programmes and practices. This technology offers secure data backup and storage that is easily retrieved when required.
Q11. What are the steps you would follow to write strategic human resources plan? How will you obtain senior management’s support for the plan?
Step 1: Pre-plan- this step encompasses the period of the project, individuals involved, required information and information sources.
Step 2: Situation Analysis- It is important to conduct thorough study on the external factors that could affect the business such as economic, political, technology and market conditions.
Step 3: Internal Analysis- This step is concerned with the future needs of the staff by focusing on the competence of the workers, the culture of the company and the composition of the workforce.
Step 4: Forecasting Labor Demand and Supply- It is of the essence to use demand and supply predictions to determine the required number of staff. This will help in determining if there is excess labor or a shortage of it.
Step 5: Action planning-This is the final step in writing a human resources plan, which encompasses comparing labor forecasts with the current workforce. Skills, size of the workforce and type of positions available are addressed in the action plan depending on the type and size of the organization.
I would consider academic credentials, professional skills and work experience in the field when obtaining the senior management team.
- What are the five stages of strategic risk management?
- Risk identification-it is essential to identify potential risks that could hinder business growth based on industrial requirements, practice and culture.
- Risk analysis and assessment- Risks should be assessed based on their severity and chances of occurrence. Therefore, it is advisable to prioritize during the implementation of the risk management plan.
- Creation of an Action Plan for Risk Management- Every risk requires appropriate control measures and plans that outline effective and applicable control measures, persons in charge of the controls, and an implementation schedule.
- Implementation and Monitoring of the Action Plan- It is important to review and update the plan in order to ascertain its effectiveness and applicability in accordance with changes in the business.
- Risk Measurement and Control-It is easier to control risks if they are measurable. Therefor.............
Type: Essay || Words: 2446 Rating || ExcellentSubscribe at $1 to view the full document.
Buy access at $1