American Airlines

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/rmhu6fn7r820/public_html/wp-content/themes/opskill-123help/functions.php on line 75

Notice: Trying to get property 'status' of non-object in /home/rmhu6fn7r820/public_html/wp-content/themes/opskill-123help/functions.php on line 75

Essay > Words: 1494 > Rating: Excellent > Buy full access at $1

American Airlines




American Airlines

American Airlines History

The American Airlines Incorporation is among the leading airlines in the United States. The owner of the American Airlines is the AMR Corporation with its headquarters located at Fort Worth in Texas State. The development of the American Airlines Incorporation was through a formation of the conglomerate of 82 small airlines. This was through an active bid f acquisitions and reorganizations, majorly carried out in the 1930s. In fact, American Airlines was a common brand used by most of the independent carriers such as the South Air Transport from Texas, Colonial Air Transport from the Northeast, and Universal Aviation from the Midwest. This airline operated a transcontinental air and rail route in 1929. These small conglomerate airlines also included the Thompson Aeronautical Services, which operated a Cleveland – Detroit route as from 1929, as well as the South Air Fast Express (SAFE), which operated in the Western United States (Miles, 2008).

The American Airlines acquired an American Export Airline after the Second World War and renamed it as the American Overseas Airways destined to serve its destinations in Europe. However, the company sold AOA to Pan Am in 1950. The American Airlines once again launched a second subsidiary named Líneas Aéreas Americanas de Mexico S.A. This new branch was to fly through Mexico as well as create a number of airports. During the early years, and to promote its brand, the American Airlines provided free usage as well as advertising on its aircraft, especially for the “Three Guys Named Mike” film of 1951. The American Airlines was the largest airline in America until when Capital merged into the United in 1961. This meant that the American airlines were still the second largest airline in the world alter Aeroflot. The airline continued its expansion over the years, with August 1940 seeing the airline increasing its scheduled flights to 44 airports, 66 airports in august 1953, and 68 airports in November 1978 (Rolow, 2009).
Economic Status

The American Airlines is currently financially stable, and the best proof of this is their planned merger with the US Airways. This is thanks to the products and services that the airline provides to both its passengers and cargo travelling. The airline strives to ensure it meets all the needs of its customer, both affluent, as well as, those from a low-income level do. The airline operates a Flagship Suit service, which provides ambience, class and prestige to passengers using this service. The services at these suites are first class as the airline ensures that customers get the right value for their money. Other flight class categories that the airline operates include the domestic first class, the business class, and the economy class. The services offered at these different levels of flight categories varies in relation to the chosen level, with the economy class being the most affordable class for most users (Szurovy, 2003).

This differentiation of flight classes enables the airline to serve a diverse majority of the society depending on their economic capabilities. As such, the airline becomes a major leader in the industry as all customers identify positively with it, basing on the travel fares and quality of on-board services that they receive while using the airline. In addition, the flyer program launched by the company assists in the development of a loyalty program in the world, whereby passengers earn points for every time they use the airline’s services, which they can later redeem free flights and other gifts (Miles, 2008).
Possible Merger with US Airways

The American Airlines announced a possible merger with the United States Airways in February of 2013. A successful merger between these two major airlines would result into the formation of the largest airline in the world, both in fleet capacity, as well as regional and geographical coverage by their flights. The merger terms and conditions stipulated that the shareholders of AMR would own 72% of the newly created the company while those of the United States Airways would own the remaining percentage of shareholding, which was 28%. The new combination of the airline formed would bear the name of American Airlines as well as carry its brand. Furthermore, the new holding company that would list in the stock exchange for trading would use the name American Airlines Group Incorporation (Rolow, 200.............

Type: Essay || Words: 1494 Rating || Excellent

Subscribe at $1 to view the full document.

Buy access at $1